Roundhouse Foundation Enrichment Scholarship
The Roundhouse Foundation was established with a mission to encourage community enrichment and economic development through the arts in Central Oregon. For this reason, The Roundhouse Foundation is offering scholarships to be distributed to SHS students for enriching experiences from September 1, 2016 through August 31, 2017.
Sisters GRO manages this scholarship and oversees the application, recipient selection, and disbursement process. The Roundhouse Foundation Enrichment Experience Applications are accepted through the school year but must be received no later than 30 days prior to the experience activity, allowing time for processing and consideration. Summer experiences are encouraged, but applications for these activities must be submitted no later than June 1. For activities involving five (5) or more people (for example an event or trip), the event/trip organizer or coordinator, in conjunction with Sisters GRO, is responsible for determining a cutoff deadline for acceptance of Roundhouse scholarship applications. This deadline must be a minimum of thirty (30) days prior to disbursement of funds. No incomplete or late applications will be considered. A selection committee of SHS staff, Sisters GRO Board members and Sisters Community Leaders will determine recipients and scholarship award amounts.
- Applicant must be a Sisters School District student, enrolled in grades 5-12
- Must be completed prior to high school graduation.
- Can be workshops, seminars, camps, or other fitting types of activities in areas of student’s interest.
NOTE: Sports-related activities, faith-based experiences, or online courses will not be considered.
- Must be an enriching benefit to student, pertain to discovery of post-graduate career selection or aspirations, and/or make a difference in the community.
- You can download an Excel file that lists several examples of enrichment experiences that may help you develop areas of interest that you could explore through the Roundhouse Scholarship. Download file here Note: You may have to save the file to your computer in order to use the dropdown filters on the column headers.
**This reference list is meant to help students develop ideas for an enrichment experience. It is not an exhaustive list nor is it to be considered an endorsement of any groups or activities found within. **
- Scholarship application must be received at least 30 days prior to the experience activity (June 1st for summer activities). Reimbursement for expenses after the fact will not be considered. Incomplete or late applications may not be considered.
- Distribution of scholarship awards will be made direct to the sponsoring organization (not to the student or family member).
- Within 14 days after the Enrichment Experience, recipient is required to submit an Exit Form including essay and photos of experience/activity.