Guidelines of Athletic and Activity Eligibility
- In order to participate in a school-sponsored activity, students must attend all classes on the day of the activity or practice.
- A student who is absent for a dental or doctor appointment must bring a note from the dentist/doctor in order to participate that day.
- Athletes must attend practice the day prior to a game in order to compete the next day, unless prearranged and excused.
- Students with failing grades may not participate in the activity or sport, except practice, until the grade is brought up to passing. Students will be given a one-week grace period to bring up their grade(s). Students with failing grades may not be dismissed early from school to participate in a contest.
- A note from a teacher to the athletic director is required before an athlete may participate in a contest.
- Grades will be checked every 3 weeks, but if a teacher contacts a coach or Athletic Director regarding a failing grade for a student, the coach or Athletic Director may require the student to attend after-school help sessions until the grade is brought up.
- Classroom conduct may affect eligibility. Misconduct or disruption of class reported by a teacher to the principal or Athletic Director may result in an athlete being removed from participation in a contest. Appropriate behavior is also expected at athletic practices and events and may also affect eligibility.
- Administrative level infractions, such as defiant and aggressive behavior, chronic misbehavior, or safety concerns may result in suspension and/or removal from the team at the principal’s discretion.
Drug, Alcohol, or Tobacco
- Any student who is found in possession or use of tobacco, alcohol, illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia will be suspended and/or dismissed from the team.
Equipment and Uniforms
- No athlete will be allowed to participate in a sport until all previously issued equipment and/or uniform from a prior sport has been returned or proper restitution made.
Transportation / Travel
- Students are required to ride with their team to and from a game or event.
- Students may ride home with a parent after an event. The student is only released after face-to-face contact between parent and coach.
- A student must have written permission from his/her parent to ride home with another adult. This note must be received by the Athletic Director or office during the school day.